2

[REVIEW] KNIGHT and DAY


4 STARS of 5

Director: James Mangold
Writer: Patrick O'Neill
Cast: Tom Cruise (Roy Miller), Cameron Diaz (June Havens), Peter Sarsgaard (Fitzgerald), Jordi Molla (Antonio), Viola Davis (Director George), Paul Dano (Simon Feck), Falk Hentschel (Bernhard), Marc Blucas (Rodney)

The first time I read the title of the movie was at Cineplex's page. I was not really interested with it ---Until I read two names, Cruise and Diaz. Damn, I was sticked in a moment, because the first plan was: "Watch Karate Kid!" Yeah, I haven't watch it. Friends told me it's a good movie. But I will not give any comment until I watch it by my self. But unfortunately, I couldn't find Karate Kid in the place where I belong. So, the next thing I knew--so did with my friend, Knight and Day is better than we have to out from XXI without nothing to watch.

Okay, here's the review.

First scene is opened in an airport situation, it reminds me of how My Name is Khan was began. A handsome man --- Roy, looks at a woman --- June, and keeps watching her. He looks like having something with June, but actually they don't know each other. They have collision for two times and the first impressions of Roy is good, June looks like want to have unintentional moment again with Roy. A ticket problem makes She can't through the boarding pass, while Roy passes her to the plane to Boston. But then they meet again at the plane Because the official has something wrong and then She gets permission to be in that plane. Several talks are made by them and that makes June really interested with Roy. A kind of action parts happens, murder and shots by Roy. So everybody in the plane is dead and that is weird for June. Suddenly the plane lands to the ground and it makes June more and more anxious with Roy, Who is he?

June: The pilots are dead!
Roy: Yeah, they've been shot.
June: By who?
Roy: By me. No, actually, I shot the first pilot then he accidentally shot the second pilot. It's just one of those things.

The next thing I curious to see is: how about the connection between Roy and the agents that is wicked, as Roy has tell to June.

Roy is separated with June, but then they meet again after shooting the-moment (again) and June is saved by the agent who says Roy is the one that they are looking for, because Roy is crafty and wicked having the authority of Zephyr. But agents who want to make June safety are dead and there is, Roy, wants her to trust him. June, is more and more confused with her connection among them. Her agenda in Boston is interrupted by them. Whereas She only has one destination, celebrate her sister's wedding party. Above all the fact that she is confused choosing the right side that should be trusted, Roy tells her why he has to be so drilled by the agents and it is because of the Zephyr. The next thing happens is how they want to find Simon Feck and include in the strained trip, fight against CIA with the Director George as the messenger agents who would arrest enemy, namely Antonio.

I'm afraid there is a lot spoiler. The point in this film occurs betrayal of one of CIA agents. Tom Cruise's action gives the current capacity of his age that I think is pretty cool, especially the slowness-thought of June that played by Cameron Diaz, is enough to make me laugh out loud. Scary when I saw fighting action in this movie didn't happen, but it's totally funny and cute all the way. Lot of twists, and I went back to my problem deciding which side is good or evil. it's successfully tricked me many times. A bit boring in the middle of the movie because I was confused why June should get involved in the case that they face and other various questions came to my mind. But when the moment arrived I was able to dull the answers that is gave by this film. Then I understand this movie although until the climax of this movie, still, I was swindled. And it turns out my guess about who's evil was wrong. Haha. But it's quite satisfying, the ending. It makes me laugh again and a little bit touched by the Roy's connection with his family.

The last Tom Cruise's movie that I watched was War of the Worlds in 2005, but now I forget lil bit about it. I haven't see the next movies after that, such as  'Mission: Impossible III, Lions for Lambs, Tropic Thunder, and Valkyrie. Moreover in 2009 He has no movies that's starred. So I totally forget about how his actions could attract my attention.

Cameron Diaz gives me satisfaction this time, indeed! Her last act was on The Box and the movie was boring me all the way. It didn't show me how good her act, and the next thing She did after that was : took part the voice of Princess Fiona's in Shrek Forever After. In spite of that, I do like her voice because it's always match with Fiona character. But in this movie, She brings back her strength and her performance, just like at the Charlie's Angels, cool.

For the conclusion, things that I like from this movie are: the actions, the casts, the twist, and the Places! I felt like I was in vacation when I watched it. You don't have make too much expectation from this movie, just enjoy it and go with the flow and blend with the actions also the story. It's twistful!

P.S. : I do appreciate comment and critic for correcting this.

,
GGG

2 lost people:

'Ne mengatakan...

penasaran banget sama Knight and Day.. thax reviewnya.. salam..

Unknown mengatakan...

sila di tontonnnn
sama sama

enjoy the blog yaaa :)

Back to Top